Tour Garvan's medical research facilities
A tour gives you the chance to see Garvan's state-of-the-art scientific facilities first hand, and learn how technology is enabling medical research to progress at an increasingly rapid rate.
Meet our scientists
You can meet and ask questions of some of our scientists, you will learn about the latest research aimed at the prevention and cure of some of the most widespread diseases affecting our community today.
Garvan group tour times and dates in 2016
Tours run for approximately 1.5 hours, including morning tea. They are held during the month, subject to availability, and are free of charge. However, a gold coin donation towards morning tea is appreciated.
Please note: The following dates are currently available:
- Thursday 4th February - 10.00am
- Thursday 18th February - 10.00am
- Thursday 17th March - 10.00am
- Tuesday 5th April - 10.00am
- Thursday 12th May - 10.00am
- Thursday 19th May - 10.00am
- Tuesday 7th June - 10.00am
- Thursday 23rd June - 10.00am
- Thursday 21st July - 10.00am - Fully booked
- Tuesday 9th August - 10.00am - Fully booked
- Thursday 18th August 10.00am - Fully booked
- Tuesday 6th September 10.00am - Fully booked
- Thursday 15th September 10.00am - Fully booked
- Tuesday 11th October 10.00am - Fully booked
- Thursday 20th October 10.00am - Fullly booked
- Thursday 17th November 10.00am - Fully booked
While we do everything we can to fulfil your request, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to. It is on a first in first served basis. These dates fill quickly, as dates fill up they will be removed from this site.
Who can come on the tour?
Tours are open to the general public, but bookings are essential. You can come alone or in a group (maximum 30 people per tour).
To experience Garvan in any of these ways contact our Community Events Coordinator, Anna Henty for a tour group request form:
|(02) 9295 8299|