We actively seek high calibre PhD and MRes candidates who demonstrate initiative and independent thought.
Why choose the Garvan?
- We offer a competitive salary top-up on eligible scholarships
- The Garvan boasts state-of-the-art research facilities which incorporate a range of cutting-edge equipment and expertise
- Students at Garvan (SAG), the student representative group within the Garvan Institute provides both academic support and social activities in our off-campus environment
How to Apply
All applications are to be submitted online and are considered by the Garvan Higher Degrees Committee (HDC).
Closing dates for applications are:
- 31 October for admission in Semester 1 (March commencement)
- 30 April for admission in Semester 2 (July commencement)
Applications outside these times will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
As Garvan is a not-for-profit organisation, it is unlikely that a research program would have the funds to take on a postgraduate student without scholarship funding of some kind. However, there are many different sources of funding available for postgraduate research students, such as UNSW Australia, APA, UIPA, IPRS and the NHMRC.
Shortlisted students must also lodge an application for admission to UNSW Australia online.