Prof John Mattick AO FAA – Executive Director
John was appointed Executive Director in 2012. He has a distinguished career in molecular biology, most recently as an NHMRC Australia Fellow and Director of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland. He was awarded the 2011 IUBMB (International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Medal, the 2012 HUGO (Human Genome Organisation) Chen Medal, membership of the European Molecular Biology Organisation and Fellowship of the Australian Academy of Science.
Prof Chris Goodnow FAA FRS – Deputy Director
Chris joined Garvan in 2015. He has an extensive background in academia on the faculty of Stanford University and the Australian National University, and in biotechnology start-up companies. He is best known for his research integrating molecular genetics and genomics with immunology, for which he has received a number of awards and election to the Australian Academy of Science, the UK Royal Society, and the US National Academy of Science.
Marie joined Garvan in 2012. She has extensive experience as a biomedical research leader and manager, having a background in cell and developmental biology, molecular genetics and cancer research. After completing her DPhil from the University of Oxford she worked in the USA, Canada, and Germany before taking senior positions in medical research institutes and universities in Australia and New Zealand, including the University of Melbourne and the University of Auckland.
Contact for Senior Executive:
Gabriella O'Neil – Executive Administrator
tel: +61 (0) 2 9295 8120
Executive Management Group
- Prof John Mattick, Executive Director (Chair)
- Prof Christopher Goodnow, Deputy Director
- Prof Peter Croucher, Division Head, Bone Biology
- Prof David Thomas, Division Head, Cancer
- Prof Mark Febbraio, Division Head, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Prof Susan Clark, Division Head, Genomics and Epigenetics
- Prof Stuart Tangye, Division Head, Immunology
- A/Prof Antony Cooper, Division Head, Neuroscience
- Prof Jerry Greenfield, Clinical Research
- A/Prof Marcel Dinger, Kinghorn Center for Clinical Genomics / Genome.One
- Mr Andrew Giles, Chief Executive Officer, Garvan Research Foundation
- Dr Marie Dziadek, Chief Scientific Officer (Secretary)