Web accessibility incorporates web design, development and content delivery techniques that aim to reduce obstacles for users with disabilities. Our website aims to comply with the accessibility standard for websites, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI).
We value accessibility
How we’re working towards conforming to the WCAG 2.0:
- Modernising our website code to industry standards and incorporating WAI-ARIA.
- Updating our layouts for increased usability.
- Formatting our content for improved readability.
- Including consistent search and navigation options on all pages.
- Updating our forms to accommodate screen readers and ensuring keyboard accessible fields and controls.
- Tagging our PDF items to optimise readability for screen-readers.
- Adding captions and transcripts to our video content.
Please contact us if you’re having difficulties accessing the content or services provided via our website. We value your feedback and suggestions.
- call us on 02 9295 8100 – between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, or
- write to us at:
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria Street