Why Work at the Garvan Institute
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is a leader in its field, pioneering study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today. Research at Garvan is focused on understanding the role of genes and molecular and cellular processes in health and disease as the basis for developing future preventions, treatments and cures.
In conjunction with UNSW Sydney, Garvan is supporting more than 100 Honours, Masters and PhD students, and a number of our senior staff hold conjoint appointments with the university.
Our researchers have access to state-of-the-art technology and facilities. The Garvan recently became one of the first centres in the world to acquire the Illumina HiSeq X10 DNA sequencing technology, and is a leading centre in epigenomic and transcriptomic analysis, as well as intravital microscopy.
We offer competitive salaries and superannuation benefits, family friendly and flexible working conditions together with tax free allowances. Benefits include the opportunity to:
- Work in a friendly, collaborative and innovative environment
- Access state-of-the-art scientific equipment
- Receive tax benefits through salary packaging
- Enjoy flexible working conditions
- Participate in monthly events and activities organised by our social club
- Stay healthy with our Health and Wellbeing Program
- Take advantage of generous parental leave
Our work culture encourages new thinking and challenges the boundaries in our quest for excellence.
Why not follow us on LinkedIn to see all our latest job vacancies as soon as they're advertised?
We are currently seeking to appoint a General Manager (GM)/Chief Operating Officer (COO). Click here to view the job details.