At the Garvan Institute, we investigate many diseases — from the rarest and un-treatable to the most common and widespread.
In the fight against one particular disease, your best treatment options sometimes come from a very different disease. Our 500+ researchers break down the barriers between scientific disciplines to find multiple solutions to disease.
We see a future where disease can be stopped before it starts. It’s within reach.
- Garvan leads the field in medical genomics, epigenetics, cancer; diseases of immunity and inflammation; and diseases of ageing that affect the bones, brain and metabolism.
- Our goal is to translate research discoveries into meaningful health benefits for those living with disease.
- With better understanding, new treatments and more effective diagnosis, we can have the biggest impact — globally.
Please donate today to support our urgent research
Garvan's COVID-19 research
We're using our expertise in antibodies and genomics to do three things:
- To try and stop the spread of COVID-19 infection
- To stop the need for hospitalisation or intensive care
- And ultimately: to decrease the mortality rate of COVID-19.
Our approach involves multiple avenues — including genetically engineered antibodies and genomic analyses. Because there will be more than one answer.