MAKE A MAJOR GIFT
Philanthropy has helped facilitate some of Garvan’s most remarkable achievements. As a private ancillary fund, trust, foundation, individual, family or couple, your major gift and philanthropic investment will help transform medical research and human health in Australia and beyond.
Types of gifts
Major gifts can be made in a variety of ways according to your personal situation and preferences. You may choose to give:
Your gift could help
- support innovative high quality scientific research that pushes boundaries and considers experimental approaches
- purchase the latest equipment and technology to ensure Garvan is at the forefront of medical research
- attract world-class researchers
- support bright young minds – the future or medical research – as they develop a track record
- seed fund and support “proof of concept” research projects to assist in collecting enough data to be eligible for a peer-reviewed funding grant
- inform and fund the early phases of a clinical trial for new treatments into a range of diseases
“We set up the Mostyn Family Foundation with the aim of supporting medical research.”
The Mostyn family have supported Garvan since 1993 through their corporation, the Craig Mostyn Group. More recently in 2011, brothers Richard, Andrew and Robert helped their father Bob establish the Mostyn Family Foundation, a Private Ancillary Fund, to channel more support to causes the family was passionate about.
They meet four times a year to discuss the Foundation’s work and nominate charities to support. Since 2012 the Foundation has provided seed funding for innovative Garvan research projects, such as investigating how a well-known survival protein drives the spread of breast cancer.
Contact our Philanthropy team
Contact our Philanthropy team for a confidential conversation to discuss your interest, any specific requirements you have, the best way to make a donation for your needs and opportunities available for major donors.