Fundraise for Garvan
Fundraise for Garvan - Online or Offline
We would like to thank you for thinking about raising funds for the Garvan Institute of Medical Research. We are very grateful to the many individuals, community groups, organisations and companies that support Garvan's vital research by hosting external events or activities to raise funds for medical research. Below is a guide to make it easy for you to meet all the requirements under the various State laws regarding collecting funds for Garvan. This guide will also help you to make your event a great success.
Fundraising can be fun and a rewarding team building exercise, while raising money for Garvan. There are many ways in which you can fundraise for the Garvan. You can hold your own event or participate in an existing event that raises vital funds to support Garvan's medical research in finding cures and treatments for many of the world’s major diseases. You can also set up your own personal fundraising page to encourage friends and family to support your cause.
Hold your own event anywhere in Australia
Some examples of activities you can organise are:
- Barefoot Bowls
- Black-Tie Ball
- Day at the Races
- Golf / Sports Days
- Movie Premiere
- Sausage Sizzle
- Trivia Night
- Workplace Giving
Start up a team and join some of Australia's biggest community events:
- Australian Running Festival – Canberra
- Bay to Bay Running Festival – Central Coast
- Bridge to Brisbane
- Canberra Times Fun Run
- City2Sea – Melbourne
- City2South – Brisbane
- City2Surf – Sydney
- City to Surf – Perth
- Gold Coast Marathon
- Gong Ride – Sydney to Wollongong
- Noosa Triathlon Multi Sport Festival
- Rebel Run – Sydney
- SMH Half Marathon – Sydney
- Sun Run – Sydney
- Swan River Run – Perth
- Sydney Running Festival
Please download our Garvan Fundraising Guide for more information on how to start. If you are interested in holding a fundraising event for Garvan, please fill in the application form on page nine (9). After approving your application, Garvan will then provide you with the necessary fundraising authority for your event or activity. You can also choose to direct funds raised towards a specific program area.
Garvan can help you fundraise
We can provide:
- Media release templates
- Promote your event on our website
- Promote your event on Facebook and Twitter
- Provide posters and logos
- Printed material
Please download our Garvan Fundraising Guide for more information on how to start.
Create your own online fundraising page
Fundraising can be fun and a rewarding team building exercise, while raising money for Garvan. You can create an online fundraising page for many different occasions that mark your life:
- Birthdays and weddings – why not ask people to make a donation to Garvan rather than give you unwanted presents?
- Anniversaries and celebrations – you can suggest that if people would like to honour this, they can do so through their donation to Garvan.
- In memoriam donations are a beautiful way to commemorate the loss of a loved one, ask people to donate to Garvan in lieu of giving flowers.
- Participating in an organised fundraising event such as a marathon, swim or triathlon? You can choose for proceeds to go to Garvan.
Create a online fundraising page using Everyday Hero. You can be a hero for Garvan by building your own personal fundraising page or joining one of many group events such as City2Surf, Blackmore's, Canberra Time Fun Run or many many more! It only takes a few minutes to build and email to all of your contacts.
For more information about how you can become the next hero, please visit our Everyday Hero page.
By creating a fundraising page you can easily share your fundraising event with all of your friends and your page can be updated at any time.
Contact us about fundraising for Garvan
Like to chat with someone at Garvan about a fundraising idea, or get answers to your questions?
Please contact the team:
|1300 73 66 77|