Friday, 7 September - Saturday 8 September 2018
Location: Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney
Contact: please email Melissa Vincent: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social function: Garvan Galleria, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst
The Australian Precision Oncology Symposium (APOS) is being organised by the Garvan Institute of Medical Research.
This inaugural Annual Australian Precision Oncology Symposium will bring a unique set of Australian researchers, clinicians and industry representatives to NSW to share information and ideas in precision oncology and genomic medicine.
The objectives of the event are to:
- Update the professional community on national and international developments in precision oncology
- Demonstrate leading Australian initiatives in precision oncology research, trials and commercial development
- Discuss best practice and challenges facing the implementation of precision oncology in Australia
We look forward to seeing you at the Australian Precision Oncology Symposium in Sydney.
Why should you attend?
Come to the symposium and you will
...HEAR renowned international thought leaders such as Peter Campbell and Razelle Kurzrock as well as respected local speakers sharing their perspectives and experiences integrating precision oncology into clinical practice.
...GAIN valuable insights from best practices and challenges facing the implementation of precision oncology in Australia.
...LEARN about the workings of molecular tumour boards (MTB), including variant curation and reporting, when sequencing should be applied in a patient’s journey as well as management of patients’ experiences and expectations.
...DISCUSS key topics including the strengths and weaknesses of current tests.
...MEET and SHARE your knowledge and experiences with experts and thought leaders in the field of precision oncology
Who should attend?
- medical and academic oncologists
- clinical researchers
- members of the pharmaceutical and research sector
- Early bird* (closes 27 July 2018): AUD $300 (excl. GST and booking fee)
- Regular* (closes 24 August 2018): AUD $390 (excl. GST and booking fee)
- Evening event only (closes 24 August): AUD $100 (excl. GST and booking fee)
* Admission fee includes access to all scientific sessions, a ticket to the social function on Friday 7 September and catering during the symposium