A Partnerships Advisory Council (PAC), which includes key Garvan staff and representatives from the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, ensures the Partnerships team has access to current information on industry need and clinical trends as well as strategic advice on our commercial opportunities.
The Partnerships Advisory Council:
- Assists with the commercialisation activity of the Garvan Partnerships team with particular regard to:
- providing market “intelligence” on areas of relevance to Garvan and suggesting potential sources for partnering opportunities;
- assisting in the marketing/licensing efforts through the network of contacts within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical community;
- providing strategic advice on negotiations with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- reviewing inventions/innovations with commercial potential; and
- assisting the development of a marketing strategy for inventions/innovations with commercial potential;
- Reviews the marketing strategy and R&D efforts of early stage Garvan spin off companies and assists in determining the most appropriate way to fund the development of these companies into stand alone businesses.
- Reviews the IP reward and patenting policies for Garvan inventors.
- Dr Merilyn Sleigh – Chair
Biotechnology Advisor and Company Director
- Dr Lisa McIntyre
- Mr Bryce Carmine
- Mr Daniel Petre AO
Non-executive Director, Garvan
- Dr Russell Howard
- Prof John Mattick
Executive Director, Garvan
- Prof Trevor Biden
- Prof Peter Croucher
Head, Bone Biology Division
- Mr Philip Knox
Chief Operating Officer
- Ms Christina Hardy
Director, Partnerships & Legal Affairs
- Dr Marie Dziadek
Chief Scientific Officer