New users are encouraged to contact Garvan Histopathology to discuss their experiments for advice/consultation on tissue collection, fixation, embedding and stains.
Call us on 02 9355 5880 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST)
Garvan’s Histopathology facility is located in The Kinghorn Cancer Centre. Our focus is to provide a wide range of high quality histology services to researchers within the Research Precinct as well as external collaborators as either a full service provided by specialist staff or trained researcher use of some of the specialist equipment.
The Histopathology facility provides researchers with the following services:
- Tissue Processing
- Paraffin Embedding
- Microtomy (sectioning)
- Haematoxylin and Eosin staining (H&E)
- Automated Coverslipping
- Frozen sectioning
- Sectioning for DNA isolation
- Select Special staining
- Automated Immunohistochemistry
- Automated Insitu-hybridisation
- Tissue Microarray (TMA) design and construction
- Consultation on tissue preparation and optimisation
- Theory, technical and equipment training for Histopathology
|Cryosections Request Form (Word file)
Microtomy Request Form (Word file)
Processing Request Form (Word file)
Request Billing Details (Word file)
|Processing Request Form (Word file)
Processing - Additional Microtomy Instructions (Word file)
Please see the Equipment page.