Please read the trial details and requirements below. All trials are held at The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, Darlinghurst NSW.
Contact us for further information, to see if you're eligible for treatment, or to enquire about upcoming trials.
Claire Gray, Breast Cancer Clinical Research Nurse (Mon-Thur)
Phone: 02 9355 5708
Fax: 02 9355 5735
Early-stage breast cancer
WinPro Study with prometrium (microionised progesterone)
A study of endocrine therapy with progesterone in post-menopausal women with early-stage hormone receptor positive breast cancer, prior to undergoing breast surgery
- Requirements: post-menopausal women with early-stage breast cancer which is estrogen and progesterone receptors positive, HER2 receptor negative, a tumour size of ≥1cm and have not yet had breast surgery.
- Reference: HREC/17/SVH/255
MonarchE Study with abemaciclib (Verzenio, a CDK4/6 inhibitor)
A study of endocrine therapy with abemaciclib in patients with high-risk early-stage hormone receptor positive breast cancer following surgery.
- Requirements: patients with early-stage breast cancer with lymph node involvement which is estrogen receptor positive, HER2 receptor negative and have undergone breast surgery.
Exercise during chemotherapy study
A study of exercise during chemotherapy for breast cancer given prior to surgery (Neoadjuvant or preoperative chemotherapy). We will provide patients with a personalised exercise program and study the effects of exercise on the tumour at the time of surgery.
- Requirements: patients with early-stage breast cancer who have their chemotherapy prior to surgery.
- Reference: HREC/16/SVH/334
Advanced breast cancer
Ipatasertib study with immunotherapy
A study of ipatasertib, atezolizumab (Tecentriq, immunotherapy) and chemotherapy for advanced triple negative breast cancer.
- Requirements: patients with advanced breast cancer, which is negative for the estrogen, progesterone and HER2 receptors.
- Reference: HREC/17/PMCC/186
ATTAIN study with NKTR-102 chemotherapy
A study of NKTR-102 chemotherapy for patients with advanced breast cancer who have stable brain metastases and have previously received treatment with the following chemotherapy drugs: anthracycline, taxane and capecitabine.
- Requirements: patients with advanced breast cancer with stable brain metastases that have been previously treated with radiotherapy and/or surgery, and prior chemotherapy with anthracycline, taxane and capecitabine.
- Reference: HREC/17/SVH/11
Patina study with palbociclib (Ibrance, a CDK4/6 inhibitor)
A study of palbociclib (Ibrance) with trastuzumab (Herceptin), pertuzumab (Perjeta) and endocrine therapy for patients with advanced breast cancer.
- Requirements: patients with advanced breast cancer which is estrogen and HER2 receptors positive, and have not received prior treatment for metastatic disease.
- Reference: HREC/17/SVH/141
New endocrine therapy study with GDC-9545 (a selective estrogen receptor degrader)
A study of GDC-9545 alone or in combination with palbociclib (Ibrance) and goserelin (Zoladex) for advanced breast cancer.
- Requirements: patients with advanced breast cancer, which is estrogen receptor positive and HER2 receptor negative.
- Reference: HREC/17/PMCC/158
All patients undergoing breast surgery at St Vincent’s Hospital
Project SHARE (Specimens Help All Research Efforts)
We invite all patients undergoing breast surgery at St Vincent’s Hospital to partner with us in our research endeavours. Tissue that is routinely collected at the time of surgery and in excess of diagnostic requirements will be brought to the laboratories at the Garvan Institute, enabling many researchers use these tissues as building blocks for their research.