We are a community of researchers around Sydney who strive to improve the quality of research through discussions of all forms of single-cell modalities, whether it be wet-lab methodologies or computational analyses.
We aim to have monthly meetings where researchers get a chance to present their work, discuss shared challenges and solutions, and evaluate papers and technologies related to the single-cell field.
Occasionally, research leaders will come and give a talk on their work. We hope to create a friendly round table where everyone can discuss any ideas or problems they have.
Everyone is welcome.
Subscribe to SCON
Next meeting: Friday 21 2020
Journal Club: Creation and Preservation of Single-Cell Suspension
We are starting this year's SCON events with a journal club. Final Year PhD Student Sunny Wu from Garvan's Tumor Progression Group led by A/Prof Alex Swarbrick will review and guide the discussion on tissue preparation and preservation methods.
If you would like to have a background on this topic, please see the reading list below:
- Madisson et al (2019) Genome Biology https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-019-1906-x
- Slyper et al (2019) BioRxiv https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/761429v1
- O’Flanagan et al (2019) Genome Biology https://genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-019-1830-0
Scones and tea/coffee will be provided.
John Shine Room, Level 6
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre
370 Victoria St
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Dr Seyhan Yazar - Senior Research Officer, Computational Genomics Laboratory
- Ghamdan Al-Eryani - PhD student, Tumour Progression Laboratory
- Jose Alquicira Hernandez - PhD student, Computational Genomics Laboratory