- Samaras K, Tevaerai H, Goldman M, le Coutre J, Holly, JMP. Editorial: With obesity becoming the new normal, what should we do? Frontiers in Endocrinology 2019; 10:250. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2019.00250 (IF 3.7, citations 3).
- Kumar S, Samaras K. The impact of weight gain during HIV treatment on risk of pre-diabetes, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease and mortality: a review. Frontiers Endocrinology 2018; 9:705. DOI: 10.3389/fendo.2018.00705. (IF 3.72)
- Teasdale S, Ward PB, Jarman R, Wade T, Rossimel E, Curtis J, Lappin J, Watkins A, Samaras K. Is obesity in young people with psychosis a foregone conclusion? Markedly excessive energy intake is evident soon after antipsychotic initiation. Frontiers in Psychiatry 9:725, DOI: 10.3389/fpsyt.2018.00725. (IF 2.86)
- Fazekas-Lavu M, Tonks K, Samaras K. Benchmarks of diabetes care in men living with treated-HIV infection: a tertiary referral experience. Frontiers in Endocrinology 2018; 9:634. DOI: 10.3389/fendo.2018.00634. (IF 3.52)
- Isaacs M, Costin M, Bova R, Barrett HL, Heffernan D, Samaras K, Greenfield JR. Management of amiodarone-induced thyrotoxicosis at a cardiac transplantation centre. Frontiers in Endocrinology 2018: 9:482. (IF 3.76)
- Naidu P, Churilov L, Kong A, Kanaan R, Wong H, Van Mourik A, Yao A, Cornish E, Hachem M, Hart GK, Owen-Jones E, Robbins R, Lam Q, Samaras K, Zajac JD, Ekinci EI. Using routine HbA1c testing to determine the glycaemic status in psychiatric inpatients. Frontiers in Obesity 2017; 8:53. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2017.00053. (IF 3.76)
- Samaras K. Grand Challenge: How do we dodge the obesity armageddon? (Editorial) Frontiers in Endocrinology 2016; 7:119. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2016.00119. (IF 3.76)
Find our latest discoveries and scientific news, and meet some of our talented scientists.
Explore & learn
Careers & studies
Careers and studies
Garvan is a world-class scientific institute. We are always looking for ambitious and inspiring people to work with us, please review the available positions and don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.