- Atlantis E, Fahey P, Williams K, Edwards S, Samaras K, Dugdale P, Shi Z, Sharma A. Comparing the predictive ability of the Edmonton Obesity Staging System with the body mass index for use of health services and pharmacotherapies in Australian adults: a nationally representative cross-sectional study. Clinical Obesity 2020; published online 18/5/20; doi.org/10.1111/cob12368.
- Lim CP, Fisher OM, Falkenback D, Boyd D, Hayward CS, Keogh A, Samaras K, MacDonald P, Lord RV. Bariatric surgery provides a bridge to transplant in for morbidly obese patients with advanced heart failure and may obviate the need for transplantation. Obes Surg 2016;26:486-93.
- Samaras K, Viardot A, Botelho NK, Jenkins A, Lord RV. Immune cell inflammation and the early improvements in glucose metabolism after gastric banding surgery. Diabetologia 2013; 56:2564-72.
- Samaras K. Bariatric surgery in type 2 diabetes: for whom and when? (Invited Review). Minerva Endocrinologica 2013; 38: 47-58.
- Samaras K, Connolly S, Lord RV, MacDonald P, Hayward CS. Take heart: bariatric surgery in obese patients with severe heart failure. Two case reports. Heart, Lung, Circulation (ePub Jun 26, 2012).
- Samaras K, Lee PN, Jenkins A, Botelho NK, Bakopanos A, Lord RV, Hayward CS. Reduced arterial stiffness after weight loss in obese type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance: the role of immune cell activation and insulin resistance. Diabetes Vascular Dis Res 2013; 10: 40-48.
Find our latest discoveries and scientific news, and meet some of our talented scientists.
Explore & learn
Careers & studies
Careers and studies
Garvan is a world-class scientific institute. We are always looking for ambitious and inspiring people to work with us, please review the available positions and don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.