Our focus is to provide a full histology service for research projects. We offer the following services to researchers:
- Tissue Processing and Paraffin Embedding
- Microtomy (sectioning of paraffin blocks)
- Haematoxylin and Eosin staining (H&E)
- Optimisation of antibodies for Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Automated IHC staining
- Picrosirius Red Collagen Staining for paraffin samples
- Sectioning for DNA/RNA Extraction
- Preparation of slides for spatial and special staining platforms
- Tissue Microarray (TMA) design and construction
- Consultation on Project design, Tissue Preparation and IHC Optimisation
Researchers are encouraged to contact Garvan Histopathology to discuss their experiments for advice/consultation on tissue collection, fixation, embedding and staining.
Complete the relevant request form and provide a copy of your purchase order (PO). We can provide a quote from the completed request form or detailed information provided via email.
Use one of the following request forms:
- Histology Request (PDF file) (guideline can be provided)
- IHC Optimisation Request (Excel file)
- TMA Construction Request (Word file)
Sample drop-off and collection information
Use the Sample drop off form (Word file)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop off or collection.
- Please provide a time and date for your planned collection day
- For same day pick up ring 9355 5880 prior to arrival.
- We can accept drop off and collections: M-F 9am-3:30pm, excluding public holidays, from the TKCC Loading dock on West St, off Burton St. Please go up the ramp to the loading dock and press the yellow bell button for staff attention.
In person or courier (Monday–Friday, 9:00am–3:30pm), excluding public holidays.
Location: Research Precinct loading dock, West St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Ensure a completed Sample drop-off form is attached to all submitted samples
Our Histopathology Facility is located in the Kinghorn Cancer Centre.
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre (TKCC) loading dock is on West St; one-way street access from Burton St. Please go up the ramp to the loading dock and press the yellow bell button for staff attention.