Honours students at Garvan receive first class research training and have access to our state of the art facilities. Our students are recognised for their academic excellence and are mostly awarded First Class Degrees, often leading to the award of the prestigious Research Excellence Scholarships and University Medals.
Students internal and external to UNSW Australia who wish to undertake Honours at Garvan are invited to contact in the first instance a supervisor from the list below to discuss available projects.
Cancer Division Supervisors
- Prof David Thomas
- A/Prof Elgene Lim
- Dr Marina Pajic
- Dr Andrew Burgess
- Dr Ann McCormack
- Dr Liz Caldon
Immunology Division Supervisors
Neuroscience Division Supervisors
Diabetes and Metabolism Division Supervisor
Bone Biology Division Supervisors
Previous First Class Honours students include:
- Kate Skulte (Genomics and Epigenetics Division), 2014 UNSW Research Excellence Award, Honours Student Poster Prize, University Medal and Dean's Merit list for Honours.
- Calvin Leung (Neuroscience Division), 2013 University Medal in Neuroscience
- Kirupa Suthakar (Neuroscience Division), 2012 The D I McCloskey Prize for Physiology Honours
- Robert Shearer (Cancer Division), 2012 Baxter Family Top-up Scholarship
- Wee Teo (Cancer Division), 2010 UNSW University Medallist
- Weng- Hua Khoo (Bone Biology Division)
- Laura Baker (Cancer Division)
- Samuel Rogers (Cancer Division),
- Laura Brown (Cancer Division)
- Shelley Yin (Neuroscience Division)