We take you behind the scenes of Garvan’s state-of-the-art scientific facilities. Join us to learn about our latest breakthroughs in medical research.
The Garvan Institute is committed to safeguarding the health of all visitors. In the wake of the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Garvan Institute has taken the precautionary measure to indefinitely postpone our public tours.
Garvan’s location on the St Vincent’s Precinct (which includes the Diabetes Centre and The Kinghorn Cancer Centre) means we are in close proximity to patients, vulnerable and elderly people attending regularly for treatment.
Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
You can express your interest below and we will notify you when we resume our tours.
What you need to know
- All tours are 90 minutes
- We have Day Tours (starting at 10:00 am) and Evening Tours (starting at 6:00 pm)
- Tours are free of charge, however, Garvan is a not for profit institute and any donations are appreciated.
- There will be walking involved. If you have any accessibility concerns, please let us know prior to booking.
- You must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are booking on behalf of a group, please contact us directly to arrange a private tour.
Do you have a question? Get in touch.
Contact us for all enquiries about tours.