Visit our state-of-the-art scientific facilities
You’re invited to explore our facilities in the St Vincent's Sydney Health Innovation Precinct, located in Darlinghurst, Sydney. We offer in-person public tours, as well as virtual tours that you can access online.
Join us to for a public tour to learn more about our latest breakthroughs in medical research.
Garvan’s location in the St Vincent's Sydney Health Innovation Precinct (which includes the Diabetes Centre and The Kinghorn Cancer Centre) means we are in close proximity to patients, vulnerable and elderly people attending regularly for treatment.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
What you need to know
- All tours are 90 minutes.
- We have Day Tours (starting at 10:00 am) and Evening Tours (starting at 6:00 pm).
- Tours are free of charge, however, Garvan is a not-for-profit institute and any donations are appreciated.
- There will be walking involved. If you have any accessibility requirements, please let us know prior to booking.
- You must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are booking on behalf of a group, please contact us directly to arrange a private tour.
Join us as we take you behind the scenes of Garvan’s state-of-the-art scientific facilities and learn about our latest breakthroughs in medical research.Join the waitlist
How to get to Garvan
Kings Cross station is a 10 minute walk from Garvan.
- Exit the station onto Darlinghurst Rd and turn right.
- Walk along the road, cross over William Street and continue walking up Victoria St.
- Garvan is located on the left hand side of the street, just after the Green Park Hotel and The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, on the corner of Victoria and Burton Streets.
- You can plan your train journey using the Transport NSW website.
- Bus routes 389 and 311 stop on Burton Street.
- Buses 378, 380 and 382 stop nearby on Oxford Street.
- For route maps and timetables see the Transport NSW website.
Garvan is located on Victoria St, which connects two major roads, William St and Oxford St. The street address is 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst 2010.
Garvan is located adjacent to St Vincent's Hospital, on the corner of Victoria and Burton Streets in Darlinghurst, approximately 2 kms from the Sydney CBD.
See the Sydney City Bike Map (PDF 3.7Mb) for information about cycle routes to Garvan. Additional information about cycling in Sydney can be found on the Sydney Cycle Ways website.
Explore Garvan virtually for a glimpse of our labs, facilities and spaces.