Professor Lisa Horvath
Professor Lisa Horvath is the Director of Research and Senior Staff Specialist at the Chris O'Brien Lifehouse and Clinical Researcher heading the Advanced Prostate Cancer Group at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in The Kinghorn Cancer Centre. She is also the Professor of Medical Oncology (genitourinary cancer) at the University of Sydney and Chair of the Prostate Subcommittee of the Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate (ANZUP) clinical trials group. Having completed medical school at the University of Sydney and trained in medical oncology at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Lisa subsequently worked at Garvan completing her PhD in translational research in 2004. She was appointed to the senior staff of Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in 2003 (moved to Chris O’Brien Lifehouse in 2013) and has concurrently led an independent research group at Garvan for 15 years as a clinician scientist. She has published >110 original research papers published in peer-reviewed journals in the last 20 years across the fields of cancer biology, biomarkers and clinical trials.
- 1989Grafton Elliot Smith Memorial Prize for Anatomy
- 1989Herbert John Wilkinson Memorial Prize for Anatomy
- 1999Medical Oncology Group of Australia / Asta Medica Educational Travel Grant
- 2000 - 2003
- 2000 - 2003NHMRC Medical Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- 2002American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award
- 2002Medical Oncology Group of Australia / GlaxoSmithKline Travel Grant
- 2002Neupogen / Medical Oncology Group of Australia Advanced Trainee Award
- 2004Medical Oncology Group of Australia / GlaxoSmithKline Travel Grant
- 2018Prize for “Best of the best plenary presentation” - Medical Oncology Group of Australia
- 2023Prostate cancer and prostatic diseases10.1038/s41391-023-00676-0
Guidelines for genetic testing in prostate cancer: a scoping review.
- 2021Genome medicine10.1186/s13073-021-00885-z
Cryopreservation of human cancers conserves tumour heterogeneity for single-cell multi-omics analysis.
- 2021Nature genetics10.1038/s41588-020-00748-0
Trans-ancestry genome-wide association meta-analysis of prostate cancer identifies new susceptibility loci and informs genetic risk prediction.
- 2019Cancer cell10.1016/j.ccell.2019.01.004
DNA Hypermethylation Encroachment at CpG Island Borders in Cancer Is Predisposed by H3K4 Monomethylation Patterns.
- 2018Clinical genitourinary cancer10.1016/j.clgc.2018.09.014
Results of a Prospective Phase 2 Pilot Trial of Lu-PSMA-617 Therapy for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Including Imaging Predictors of Treatment Response and Patterns of Progression.