Alex Butters is a clinical researcher and Lab Manager in the Clinical Genomics Lab. She completed her Master of Public Health in 2018 and has recently submitted her PhD thesis, focusing on investigating health disparities in genetic heart disease and sudden cardiac death. With a passion for advancing medical knowledge and a strong commitment to improving access to care and treatment for all patients regardless of sex/gender, ethnicity or socioeconomic background, Alex is a valuable contributor to our team and the broader field of cardiovascular genetics.
- 2020Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSANZ) Cardiovascular Genetics Diseases Prize
- 2023University of Sydney Isabel Jones PhD Completion Scholarship
- 2015Bachelor of Science (Bachelor of Science (B.S))University of South Australia, Australia
- 2018Master of Science (Master of Science (M.S)), Public HealthUniversity of Sydney, Australia
- 2023Heart, lung & circulation10.1016/j.hlc.2023.06.573
The New South Wales Sudden Cardiac Arrest Registry: A Data Linkage Cohort Study.
- 2022Genome medicine10.1186/s13073-022-01149-0
The role of genetic testing in diagnosis and care of inherited cardiac conditions in a specialised multidisciplinary clinic.
- 2021Current heart failure reports10.1007/s11897-021-00526-x
Sex Differences in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Interaction With Genetics and Environment.