Laura Yeates is a cardiac Genetic Counsellor with more than 16 years’ experience. She completed her Genetic Counsellor Certification in 2014 and is currently undertaking a PhD in cardiac genetic counselling. Laura also works as a genetic counsellor at the HCM and Genetic Heart Disease clinics, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. She was recently the Chair of the Australasian Society of Genetic Counsellors.
- 2002Bachelor of Science (Bachelor of Science (B.S)), GeneticsMonash University, Australia
- 2006GeneticsUniversity of Melbourne, Australia
- 2023NPJ genomic medicine10.1038/s41525-023-00373-w
The burden of splice-disrupting variants in inherited heart disease and unexplained sudden cardiac death.
- 2023JMIR research protocols10.2196/48636
The Australian Genetic Heart Disease Registry: Protocol for a Data Linkage Study.
- 2023Heart, lung & circulation10.1016/j.hlc.2023.06.573
The New South Wales Sudden Cardiac Arrest Registry: A Data Linkage Cohort Study.
- 2023Journal of genetic counseling10.1002/jgc4.1733
Sudden cardiac death in the young: A qualitative study of experiences of family members with cardiogenetic evaluation.
- 2022Circulation. Genomic and precision medicine10.1161/CIRCGEN.121.003672
Variant Location Is a Novel Risk Factor for Individuals With Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy Due to a Desmoplakin () Truncating Variant.