Dr David Herrmann
Dr David Herrmann completed his Diploma and PhD studies in the field of Developmental Biology in Freiburg, Germany. Due to the strong similarities between embryonic development and cancerogenesis he became interested in joining Dr Paul Timpson’s research group to work on invasion and metastasis, moving to Sydney to join the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in 2012.
- 2008Alumni-Diploma Award - University of Freiburg - Faculty of Biology
- 2009Member of the GRK1104 “From Cells to Organs: Molecular Mechanisms of Organogenesis”
- 2010Traveling grant from the CDB Riken Center - Japan to attend the meeting “Frontiers in Organogenesis” - Kobe
- 2016Young Garvan Finalist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DPuo5aphU0
- 2023Science advances10.1126/sciadv.abp9530
BCRP drives intrinsic chemoresistance in chemotherapy-naïve breast cancer brain metastasis.
- 2023Nature cancer10.1038/s43018-023-00614-y
A first-in-class pan-lysyl oxidase inhibitor impairs stromal remodeling and enhances gemcitabine response and survival in pancreatic cancer.
- 2023Science advances10.1126/sciadv.adf9063
Monitoring AKT activity and targeting in live tissue and disease contexts using a real-time Akt-FRET biosensor mouse.
Cell-derived Matrix Assays to Assess Extracellular Matrix Architecture and Track Cell Movement.
- 2022Nature reviews. Methods primers10.1038/s43586-022-00168-w
Multiphoton intravital microscopy of rodents.